Are you going to a Super Bowl party this weekend? Impress all your friends with these delicious amazing vegan Mini Falafel Burgers!
Mini Vegan Falafel Burgers
Prep time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
400g (approx 14 oz) tinned chickpeas
8 mini burger buns
2 spring onions
1 vine tomato
½ red onion
1 cup mixed lettuce leaves
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp chickpea flour
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp garlic salt
½ tsp allspice
Condiments to taste
Zester or a fine grater
1. Finely chop your spring onions and zest the lemon. Add both into a mixing bowl.
2. Open the chickpeas can and drain the liquid. Place them into a blender and squeeze the juice from the lemon. Blend on a low setting until you get a chunky paste. Add the mixture to the mixing bowl.
3. Add chickpea flour, cumin, allspice (substitute with cracked black pepper if need be) and garlic salt into the bowl. Combine everything thoroughly together until the mixture forms a “dough”. If your falafel mix doesn’t stick together, add some more chickpea flour.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Roll your falafel “dough” into eight fairly even balls. Place them in the frying pan and gently press the top with a spoon to flatten them into burger shapes.Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
5. In the meantime, cut the buns in half, slice the tomato and onion into thin discs, wash the lettuce and prepare the condiments.
6. Once falafels are ready, assemble each burger with some lettuce, tomato and onion. Feel free to add any other favourites of yours, such as relish or pickles. These cute little burgers can be served hot or cold, and if you’re expecting a large number of guests, simply multiply the ingredients!